Sunday, July 24, 2011

OMG, Dad wants to be a friend!

Saw this interesting article in today's star.    What do you think should children add their parent ?


OMG! There goes my privacy!” That was Shareen Gopal’s reaction when she received a friend request from her father, retired lawyer Gopal Annamalai, 65.
She had asked him to go to Facebook to check out her pictures but she never expected him to actually join the social media network.
She soon overcame her initial worry, however.
“I accepted him as a friend as I feel that it is all right for him to be in Facebook. It is a social networking site after all, and everyone is entitled to be in Facebook. I cannot keep him out of Facebook even if I wanted to, anyway.”
Rejected: Many anti-parents groups are sprouting on Facebook in an attempt to safeguard the privacy young users.
Her friends rubbed it in further when they asked to add him (as their friend on Facebook) because they think he is more active on Facebook than she is.
Still, Shareen is now a strong advocate of having parents on Facebook.
As she puts it, the social media network has improved her relationship with her family as well as with her relatives, especially now that she is studying in Russia.

read it all here

2 comments:

  1. ahar.. my parents and my friends' parents on fb too! i dnt mind to have them in fb as i guess sometime fb really work in a way. LOL! cz i always will keep everything inside and only vent out my dissatisfaction by typing it out. =.=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you caroline.
    both my sons, daughters in laws are my 'friends" too. . yeah even my wife.
    I find fb is very useful for connecting.especially when you have event and inviting friends are so much easier.

    ReplyDelete