Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BABY BLUES

I Just got back yesterday from my hometown with my eldest son. Since we were still on leave I asked him if he would like to check around fro some baby clothings for his daughter who is due in October. It would be better to start buying bit by bit now instead of waiting for the arrival of the baby,because by that time there will be a lot of other expenses I am sure.
At the same time I could check out my guy equipment. So we droved to Scudai which is about 45 minutes from Kulai. We stopped by at Sutera Mall, but there was not much choice so we headed to Jusco at Bukit Indah. I was so shocked when I saw the prices of the clothings. The cheapest was between Rm15 to Rm20 and some of the simple ones-just the top mind you was selling for Rm89.00 which is more expensive than an adult's tees.
We walked out of the shop empty handed as it was not worth spending that much for baby clothings since they will outgrown them anyway. How come baby stuff cost so much? I don't remember paying so much for my two boys when they were born. But then that was some twenty plus years ago. Our ringgit is skrinking. Should call it skringgit instead.
Perhaps we should get them at the pasar malam(night bazaar) instead.

4 comments:

  1. Both rompers are very cute and yes, quite pricey~~

    I like buying teeny tiny cute baby-wears. Before my 1st child was born, I shared the same concern likewise - no need to spend so much as they will outgrow the clothing very fast.

    But ended up buying a whole wardrobe after seeing the little one looked so cute in the apparels, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne,
    I guess the best time to buy clothings is when they are from two years onwards right? I can't wait for that day when I can dress her up with all kind of cloths. I have even found an on line store which I have bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnnie, this is such a good news that you are a grand dad to be soon. Baby girl is sweet, Johnnie, must show us her picture when she is born.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheoh yan,
    yes baby girl is adorable and sweet. I am gonna pamper her silly :D

    ReplyDelete