Sunday, July 24, 2011

CLIMBING GUNUNG PANTI

I Always enjoyed myself whenever I goes for a hike and today was no different. As usual it is my habit to log into Facebook whenever I got the time or in between waiting for someone or time to pass by. Since I was still early, I quickly check my facebook and there in my inbox was a girl saying she had written to me requesting for contact numbers as she wanted to join the hike too and she does not know the way. I just can't understand people, I had created the event months ago, giving her ample time to make contact.
Anyway I reponsed  but did not hear from her till much later in the afternoon. she said she was caught in a traffic jam. Again lack of planing.  Then there was another guy who  brought his friend along and half way he  threw up. I learnt latter he had a late night and drank excessively.  I have put some pointers  on facebook as well as in the blog here and here.  One of the rules was no late night and get enough sleep.
apparently they are not following and end up unfit to hike.
Other than those two hicups I had a good hike  in the company of friends.  I just love the  last part where I could use my hands to hold on to the roots and the rocks to climb. Just like in Tabur, which is my favourite hill in kuala Lumpur. Today's quest on Mount Panti, which is 513 meter high is one more tick on my list of places I wanted to go. There are many more hills to go and I hope to be able to climb them all as long as I am able to.

just love climbing this way

with a new found friend, serene, Photo credit:Chris Kho

the steep climb up

with some of my friends

a scene from above







6 comments:

  1. Great companion and great view, most importantly, it's one healthy activity! No wonder you love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo adventurous!! lol! i wish i can enjoy such activity! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... this is really challenging.... much more tougher than Penang Hill i think >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayley,
    I just love the great outdoors. the plant, flowers,even the jungle.
    I like the feel of the rocks. yeah it's one way of keeping fit,
    caroline- you can start with the easy one , like the one at puchong, broga ,then progress to the more challenging ones. wanna join me when i get back to kl?
    Ying ying- I have not seen or done Penang Hill.so cannot comment. this one is 513 metre and got lots of rocks though not like those at Tabur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh... some people just like to tag along last minute. I personally feel they are plain selfish. They don't allow others to be 'well prepared' to accept their attendance. Just pop in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne,
    yes there will always be people who do things at the last minute. Last minute to join is ok if you have done your homework and be on time. I don't like people who are late. it delays the event and upset the plan

    ReplyDelete