Sunday, October 16, 2011

OH NO, NOT AGAIN!

I Thought I will not have this problem again, but last night I almost had a nightmare. While synchronizing
my phone with itune I was prompted with the message , there is a new version of ios. Do you want to update. Of course I click yes, since  my phone have not been jailbreak and therefore what could go wrong right?   Previously I was using a jailbreak phone and once you click yes all your data will be wipe out and the phone will shut down. The only way to get it working will be to reinstall back the ios again. That happen about a year ago and I thought that will be the last time I will be sending my phone to the shop at the mall. Apple just release the new version of the ios5 which has alot of new functionality and looks cool. Comes free with it is the icloud  ICloud is seamlessly integrated into your apps, so you can access your content on all your devices. I spend three hours just to download this  and then an error message appear saying my ios5 could be update on my device, and then the familiar apple logo appear and then the phone shut down.  Oh no not again I thought.  Panic went through my hear.  I don't want to go through this again. Good thing I had earlier copied all my important contact numbers. The other application I was not too worried as I could easily retrieve them on itune should something goes wrong.
I quickly turn on the phone and on itune click on the restore button.
My phone will be restored to the original factory settings. I click ok( as if I had a choice)
After a while I begin to see some of the application appearing on my phone again after I did another synn with itunes. The first thing I did was to check my phone contacts followed by other applications that I had purchased.  Good most of my back up seems intact. What a close call. Then I checked the version which appear to be the latest. What give?  I cloud was installed too. However I can't use Siri
as this is only possible with the new Iphone4S. The only way I could still use this is to jailbreak my phone  . No way I am gonna do that again ever.
Meanwhile enjoyed these cool video about the new application.




6 comments:

  1. Eric has installed Speaktoit Assistant on his android! :P quite fun to play in a way. It is the android version of SIRI! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite up to date Johnnie ;)
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Caroline,
    Yes, I read about Eric's post in his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayley,
    Not intentionally done . lol. most software need you to update reguarly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Johnnie, wow, you are tech savvy. Good for you.
    I'm one of the few on this planet that does not own a and phone....anyway, I'm not a phone chatter.
    Have fun and keep well.
    Best regards.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee,
    wow you are a rare breed indeed. well the phone is just a convenient way of keeping in touch. It is no longer a luxury but a necesssity. I keep in touch with family and closed friends . I dont chat much on phone just to say what I need to say, more like passing info.

    ReplyDelete