Monday, October 17, 2011

IS IT BAD BEING STRAIGHT FORWARD?

Got a call from my kid sister this morning, informing that she had arranged for Mother's birthday to be celebrate earlier.She suggested  the coming Thursday night.Then She enquire how was work? So I told her well like that la. She asked for clarification what do you mean. So I said well just passing time. She got upset and said how can you said like that. You should take this as if is your own factory.  I was just saying from my heart , no beating around the bush.  Was it wrong to be honest?  You see I am working for her husband and her expectation was I am  to look into their interest.   I know I had done that , just that my answer was not to her satisfaction.  All I can say is too bad sis, that's the way I am.

7 comments:

  1. Being straight forward is good, but not everyone can take it. But if that person knows you well, he/she should understand it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well well bro, I think it is okay lah,she would understand that you are doing a great job but then again,she is just concerned only I guess, to many "so so nia" is no good,to others,it is already good..so don't take it to heart ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley,
    thanks for your thoughts. Really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eugene,
    you dont know my sis. she is the bossy type. all here nephews and nieces are very scare of her.
    I am just tired of working sometimes especially with difficult people on top,who lack the human touch. in fact he had threw in the towel and put in my letter, but my nephew who is the executive director do dont want to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Johnnie, don't take this conversation so seriously and don't take things so personally. If she is this type of person, she would say the same thing to different person. So, why stress yourself with this minor issue which don't even deserve to be in your life? Life is short, be happy no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You should take this as if is your own factory", my personal view is, if I were given a fair share of its profit, then I would work my a** out till midnight.

    You are semi-retired, should take your life easy and relax. "Passing time" is a good word for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yvonne, that's what everybody says right ? 过 日子. didnt know can be so sensitive one.
    I will still perform my duty(as always) to the best of my ability. Beyond that I can't I am no superman. I still need rest.

    Sheoh yan. thanks for the advice and kind words

    ReplyDelete