Sunday, October 2, 2011

MEMORIES OF YESTER YEARS

Have you ever remember things from the past, but it was like just yesterday?  Well not every details,but just a bit of it. This is about the time my mother took me to a movie over forty nine(49) years ago. I can still remember the main actress. which was the late Linda Lin Dai, who was very popular in her hay days until she comitted suicide. The name of the movie was call Madame White Snake. Some of you might be too young or even seen this 1962 production by shaw brothers.
Here is the movie clip for your benefit. Of course the special effect is a far cry from the new remake.





Just yesterday I went to the new production, the remake of this classic. Staring Jet Li and the gorgeous
Eva Huang.  Raymond Lam and Charlene ChoiIf you like love story , this is a must see movie. 


Eva Huang

 Eva Huang Shengyi & Charlene Choi

Now see the trailer of the new movie you will agreed this is a better version.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Johnnie, I remember Lin Dai as well that movie vaguely.
    I think it was shown at KL's Pavilon cinema Bukit Bintang road.
    And yes, Lin Dai made several tear jerkers or weepy movies....

    Li Li Hua, Diana Chang were some of my favourite Chinese actresses. And was fortunate to have seen them when they visited KL.....thanks to having relatives working in the film Industry, Shaw Bros, And Cathay Org.
    You have a nice day.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee, yeah I remember those names. Don't forget Betty Loh and Peter chen Ho as well. they are from that era too.

    You have a nice day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will keep this new movie in my list. Thanks for sharing, Johnnie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plan to watch this movie, and hopefully my hubb would love it too. Otherwise, I'll need to wait for its DVD version.

    Have never watched the original movie by Lin Dai, but I've heard a lot about this beautiful actress from my mother. I only know Lin Chin Hsia (I think also from the same era).

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's a nice movie yvonne trust me.Lin chin Hsia is not from that era.She is from the 70s. I saw her once in KL when she was coming down from the excavator and I was just inches away. Unfortunately that time no HP yet, so and I dont have a camera. so could not take any photo. She was really beautiful in person and very tall too.

    ReplyDelete