Thursday, October 27, 2011

DON'T CALL ME UNCLE, CALL ME DATUK

Yesterday I had the shortest and quickest hike ever. I was invited by my good friend Tony, who was leading a group of young hikes to a waterfall nearby. In the jungle there you are totally cut off from the rest of the world. Reception if any are weak, so when I check my phone there were countless of voice messages and missed call. I got a message from my Eldest son, saying he was at the airport rushing to get home as his was about to deliver his first child and my first grandchild.  I manage to talk to him a bit but was cut off half way.  Once we reached the 2nd tier of the waterfall, I took a couple of shots(the least photos in any hike for me) told my friend I had to rush back to civilazation. I need to check with my son on the lastest development. I am so anxious and at the same time excited to welcome the new additional to the Lim family. Finaally I got news my lovely grandaughter Darissa was born around 11.15 am weighs 3.1kg.
Officially I have been promoted to Datuk(grandpa) a title no one can take away. I have people calling me uncle, but only my grandchild  earn the right to call me grandpa.

Hello world meet my grand daughter Darissa. Isnt she just adorable?  I think I can't wait to spoil  her silly.


8 comments:

  1. "Lord,I thank you for the wonderful gift in the child Darisa that you have brought to the household of Johnnie's, pray that you shall keep this child healthy and make her the abundant of joy.Lord shield her from harm and danger and guide her in her growing up years with Godly wisdom,love and compassion.Amen"

    Datuk, so happy for you,looks like I will still have to wait lol,,,,,,,,seriously happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro Eugene,
    thank you for the benediction. I really appreciation. With some well wishers and prayers offered, I am sure Darissa will grow up to be a fine lady one day.
    Ha ha don't worry Bro, your time will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Johnnie! Level up already ^^
    Yes, she is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hayley,
    she is cute. can't wait to hold her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Johnnie, congratulation for "naik pangkat". More pics of your grand princess, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Datuk, congratulations to the new addition to the Lim family.
    Yes, I can imagine she's going to be spoilt by her grandfather.
    By age12 she'll be doing hill climbs, rappelling down mountain sides.
    Have fun, Johnnie....
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheoh Yan,
    thank you .yes will load more photos.Even her great grandmother is requesting me to show her more photos of her little great grand child

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lee,
    Thank you for the wishes,It's still a long way before she turn 12. But her father is so protective and just the other day told me you can take her anyway but the hill. I told him what's wrong if she is being adventurous.?

    ReplyDelete