Thursday, January 21, 2016

NO MORE MONKEY BUSINESS

Chinese new year is just about two weeks plus away, but there isnt much fun fare at the mall or at the road side. In the past years, just after chistmas, one could hear chinese new year songs being played almost everywhere.Stalls selling oranges and other stuff would be seen every where you go.But it has slowed down a couple of years back and this year is no different.
Chinese new year used to be a festival I looked forward to when my late mum and grandma was around, but now it is just a routine, we visit our relative and then it's just like any other normal day. Of course little children are still excited as they can collect the red packet or AngPow.
This will be the 2nd year, my God daughter won't be visiting me as she is still working oversea.Actually I was looking forward to this year and hoping for  a new visitor...but now I am not sure if it will happen or not.

 2016 will be the Year of the Monkey according to Chinese zodiac. The Year of the Monkey will start from Feb. 8, 2016 (Chinese New Year) and last to Jan. 27, 2017.




 One of my grandchildren's favourite song: 5 monkeys jumping on the bed. Every time my grandson comes into my room he will ask me to carry him and put him on my bed, so that he could jump.



No comments:

Post a Comment