Monday, February 29, 2016

I TOLD YOU SO

Just a couple days ago, I was at a wall climbing gym. I met this friend who came with a rather huge guy. He was belaying my friend, and I was with another friend. Then my friend requested me to belay his huge friend. I said ok. The belaying part was ok, but lowering I forgot to stand nearer to the all and he came down rather fast and in the process lifted me up and I had to lower myself down. Thank goodness no one was hurt..I did put my leg against the wall, but the momentum was too great and I was not able to slow down the fall. When I relate this story to sifu, I thought the incident was  rather funny, but she was not amused. Instead she gave me a telling.She did not actually says "I told you so" but it might just as well be.  However she did says never belay anybody heavier than you.  Point taken sifu.
Things to remember in such a scenario:
Always stand nearer to the wall, with one leg against the wall when lowering.
use a sand bag weight  or two (if necessary)
Turn down their request politely(for safety reasons)

No comments:

Post a Comment