Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oh what a day.

Yesterday ,together with a friend and her two children revisted Saga Hill again. She picked me up from my home at around 6.30 am and since most of the shop in klang were not opened yet, we deceided to have breakfast at the R& R on the highway.But when we  got there , there was not many shops opened and so we thought we had better delays our breakfast till we reached Kuala Lumpur. Had breakfast at the cheras market, and after breakfast, could not find our way or remember the route to saga hill. The last time we were here was a couple of months back ,so we tried to ask for directions from some passer by and it did not get us anyway and we were still lost. Finally I deceided to give my  hiking friend  Alvin a call and he gave us a road name which my friend input on her gsp and within 25 minutes or so we arrived at our destination. Climbing up iniatally was quite a problem as with most hills, and after a while  I manage to get to  continue without much problem. It has been quite while since I last climbed here and I have forgotten how steep the slope were. Rested a while on the peak .There was not many people this time round unlike most of my previous hike where the peak was filled with people. Finnaly met with an elderly man who was on the way to the pond to feed the fishes there. My friend Irene and her son Joe, followed her, while I continue resting on the peak.  A few minutes later got a sms message from my friend asking us to join her for tea. Appear her  host had make some tea and I don't want to know where he got the water from.So we made our way down the slope to where the pond was. After a while we took our leave as my friend's daughter had tuition class around 3.00 pm and I had another function in the evening.  We stopped by a friend's fish ball shop at Pandan Indah,. Had a quick lunch and headed for home.Reached home around 2.00pm and rested. Things I need to remember whenever going on a less challenging hike like saga, the other one is tabur. Just a 6 lit water will do. Need not carry heavy bag or heavy camera,just a compact camera  will do.

the fish pond at the mountain top.





In the evening around 5.45pm I followed my son to the yearly event, the Bon Odori 2010.
This event was jointly organised by the Japan club of Kuala Lumpur, the Japanese School of Kuala Lumpur, the Japanese Embassy .I have seen photos of the past event, and so out of curiousity  deceided to check it out. When we reached there around 630pm there was already a big crowd and the seat on the stadium was fully occupied.There were also many food stalls,selling what else but japanese food and drinks , but the price was hiked up. Did 'nt buy any food except for a bottle drink which cost RM3.00 .Tried taking some photographs, but give up after a while as could not moved around much due to the huge crowd at the stage areas where the presentation was held. I notice there was not a single police man to be seen and people just park their vehicles any where and anyhow they liked.some even double parked.There is no consideration for others at all. So would I be coming back next year again? Nah, once is enough.

Here are some of the shots I manage to capture.















No comments:

Post a Comment