Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Father!

An interesting story I read in one of the blog which I can't resist to share here.


Dad you would have been 59 years old today. That fact alone just boggles my mind. What would you look like today? Would you have changed a lot over the course of the last 7 years? I know I have. It's been a pretty tough week leading up to today. Well, really, who am I kidding? It's been a rollercoaster of emotions for the past 7 years, but your birthday always hits my heart extra hard. 

I know I've been angry and frustrated with you, but what I've never told anyone, maybe not even myself? Not a day goes by that I don't wonder what life would be like if you were still here. Sometimes I wonder if there is another me - another version of my life - living in some alternate universe somewhere, a universe where you never got cancer, a universe where you never committed suicide, a universe where I wouldn't know what it feels like to miss you so much that sometimes I don't know what to do. And of course a universe where I wouldn't have so much anger toward you. I hate that anger. I really do. I don't want to be angry with you. I want to miss you. I want to remember those good times we had without the volcano of anger always bubbling up just below the surface.
read the rest of the story HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment