Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DID I MADE A MISTAKE?


Just returned from a 2 day 1 night adventures at Ipoh and Gopeng.The trip was organised by
We arrived at the theme park “The lost world of Tambun” at sunway city , Ipoh.
It's been quite a while maybe more that 8 years or so that I had gone into a theme park.
We spilt into two group, one who  wanted to go for rock climbing known as the Needle of Tambun. I stayed with the other group  who opted for the wet park. We walk around the petty zoo. Lots of nice birds and other animals. The high light  was of course where we witness how they fed the tiger. Next we went for some rides.The pirate which is a giant ship that rock forward and backward and gets higher in the process. As usual there was lots of screaming. I just sat through the ride without any reaction. Maybe I did not enjoy it or had too much to think.? There was lots of game stall, but did not bother to try any of those since it involved paying. The other ride was under service and so we went to the CliffRacer where you will slide straight down at great  momentum. Though it's just a few seconds , the thrill was simply enjoyable.
They also have a quad multi angle tube called the TubeRider where you get to experience all the breath taking turns at great speed. Seeing all my friends having so much fun I wanted to try too.
It was quite a while before I pucked enough courage to the ride down the water slide. I remember I took the big splash at Mimaland before it closed down. Compare to that this was not that scary. 


Tiger swiming at Tiger valley


Next we dipped ourselves in the various hot spring spa until the other team meet up after their event.
When they arrived they too wanted to go into the hot spring and enjoyed some ride, so we to waited it out. By the time they finish it was areadly 7.00pm and every body was hungry and so after a quick shower, we headed for Ipoh town for dinner.
That was day one.

Day two was the reason most of us sign up for the trip.We got up at 7.30am washed up and headed for the famous curry mee which was recommended by one of the members to have our breakfast.After that we walk around  to shop a bit for food .We had lunch on  our way to MyGopeng resort We arrived at around 1.30pm. There to receive us was the outdoor instructor Mr Yusoff,whom I understand was a former commando.After a briefing and instruction son how to handle our equipments  and what to do during the ride down the rapid. We were divided into team of 5 .Everyone was told to pick their life jacket and helmet. And each team was to carry their raft to the river mouth.Theb came the surprise part we were to glide ourself down to where the raft was moored. I waited for a while to see how everyone does it, and it seems easy so I stand next in line . Got into the water and was carried away by the gushing water.The water current was very strong and I was pushed against a rock and ouch .it was so painful. There was no broken bones, but it sure broke my spirit. Not only that I swallow quite a mouthful of water. Almost went down then I saw the line which I quickly grapped and was pulled safely to shore. I was debating whether to carry on or to back out, but then there will be one man short, so for the sake of the team I braved on. Got on our raft and went to some hell experience down stream. We listen to every word of the command given out attentively,because whether raft will remain afloat or capzised depend on following them.
We had to row forward, backward and stop when necessary and at certain point to hold on tight to the rope at the side of the raft as it was trusted downstream by strong current. I felled overboard once,
thank God my team members was able to pull me aboard. So again, row, row the raft gently(more like rough ly) down the stream. All the while I was praying when will we stop , I mean to reach our final destination. 7 km and 1.5 hours later we reached the end of the ride. What a relief!

Waiting for us was a lorry to fetched us to the campsite. We joked how we looked like refugees being sent to a detention camp. Quickly got shower and changed and make our way home.
Stoped at Bidor for dinner. Got home around 11.00pm with my back still hurting.
 I swear never again will I get myself into a situation like this ever again. Once is enough. Lesson learnt the hard way. One thing for sure I am not getting any younger. Did I make a mistake to go on this trip? Maybe but then again maybe not. At least I can  say I did it and further more I had the company of my God daughter and we had quality time together and that is priceless.
 
Pirate boat ride. photo credit:Gerald chuah

 
with my Goddaughter



3 comments:

  1. Finally you made it. hehe. Hope you enjoyed your trip here to Perak.
    I have never been to Tambun Lost World before.. Looks like not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, yes it was fun. you should visit Tambun sometimes.
    however they don't have much rides like at sunway lagoon, but the wet park is quite enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also never been there before. It looks great and I am thinking of bringing my kids there next school holiday.

    ReplyDelete