Saturday, April 24, 2010

FONG MEE JOONG(1917 -2010)GONE,BUT NOT FORGOTTEN.

 On thurday, we were informed by  family members that my grand mother had passed on. we knew she was unwell lately, but never expected her to go so quickly. She is a wonderful lady and a good grandmother, the second wife of my late grandfather. one of my earliest memories of her was when my mother was delivering my youngest sister, she took me on  a trishaw from Kapar road, klang to the hospital, where the  present government clinic(opersite the prescot hotel) at Jalan Persiaran Sultan Ibrahim is located. I also remember as a kid, whenever my grand father were to scold us(my sliblings)she would console us and said something like", don't mind him, he is just like that, but he is a good man. " Never once had I seen her loose her temper.She was a very submissive wife to my grandpa even though there were many ocassion when he raised his voice at her.Such a wonderful woman was she.She had live to a ripe age of  94. She is survived by 4 sons, 6 grand sons, 3 grand daughters , 4 great grand sons,2 great grand daughters, 2 great great grand sons, and 1 great, great grand daughter. .
She is gone , but will not be forgotten. she will always be in our hearts. Goodbye grandma.









2 comments:

  1. Dear Johnnie

    My deepest condolences to you and your family ...so sorry to hear the news. May she rest in peace always.

    Take care and cherish the memories.

    God bless you and yours always.

    Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,
    thanks for the comforting words.they meant a lot to me.
    shalom,

    ReplyDelete