Monday, April 5, 2010

BACK TO WORK (AGAIN)



After resting for more than two months, I started working again on april fool's day.
Guess I am a fool for rushing back to work huh? It's kinda funny, when I was resting I was wishing I would go back to work, but now's that I am working I wished I was resting at home instead! Now my alarm clock are set to ring every morning at 0.631 am.
My new work place is located at Teluk Panglima garang, a 25 minutes drive. when I applied for the job I was told I would be just assisting the shipping department ,but now I learnt it was something else. It appear people are leaving and it incumbent upon me to learnt up the job fast so as to take over the department as soon as possible. My first couple of days was real bored, as the juniors there dont seems to keen to part their knowledge to me. Here is an elderly man trying to learnt the rope in a new enviroment and I guess they feel threaten or something. one of the girl even said to me, "with your experience you should have no problem at all learning the job" somehow i sense some sarcasm there. Anyway today is the fourth day and I was bored to death.Time seems to come to a standstill when you have nothing to do.On the other hand when you are so busy,there don't seems to be enough time. I was called by the person in the HR department today and was question what I had learnt so far.so I spilled the beans so to speak. There after I was told to followed her to the shipping depart and she told the girl who was leaving to ensure I had on the job training with immediate effect. I can feel the pressure on me already. Oh dear what have I got myself into now. I only hope I can cope up.I was told the girl will be leaving in three weeks time, and that is how short a time I will have to catch up and boy do I have a lot to catch up. well wished me luck.By the way they have not even asign me a work station, I have to make do with which ever vacant place available , like when that staff was on leave. wonder if I have wait till that girl go before I get my permanent desk??

No comments:

Post a Comment