Monday, April 12, 2010

coping with pressure

Every one I suppose have a bad day and their share of being pressured during their working life. How does one handle pressure?  If you handle it well it , you overcome another day, but that does not means you will escape from it totally. One of these days you will sure to fall under pressure or you will blow your top  depending which one comes first.


Just today my HR manager asked me have I started to handle booking of cargo  space for the company's  export shipment. I told her somebody else is handling it to which she asked why have I not handle it yet?  Hello  I just joined not too long ago and no body have shown me how it was to be done yet. It is not like I am not doing anything in the office. I have take care of so many things/jobs.  And besides I don't have my own work station yet.I am using the computer which is attached to the office scanner and  have been interupted  so frenquently and it is not easy to get work done in that kind of situation.Everything is urgent but I am no superman!
If you are not going to provide the necessary equipment to enable me to do my work efficiently , at least show some sympathy.


 I know there are plenty of stuff on the internet where the so call expert offers advice.
A lot of people tend to overlook the effect of stress on one's career. Though a little pressure can be good for improved performance, an overdose of it can make people lose their head and give in to immediate impulses that lack judgment.Read the rest of the article here.
Ask men.com seems to have the answer  here.    
I don't know who is right. You take your pick.
 Meanwhile I am just taking it easy, after all  my work is only for a three months period and  I prayed it will pass by quickly.  I am gonna take a break, go for a holiday for something. Now that is an inspiration.














2 comments:

  1. i have to ways of handling stress, i love to save money,for i have this phobia of not having enough when i am businessless or workless, and i hate the idea of hanging to a job badly because we need the bucks,,, secondly, i love some beers and jokes,, hahahah

    god bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eugene,
    care to share how you handle stress? I always thought one have to enjoy the work to stay on.on the other hand if one does not enjoy the work, no point hangling on just because of the bucks! Right now I am not working for the money, just some pocket money . so if it gets worst. I will throw in the towel.

    ReplyDelete