Sunday, April 11, 2010

Can't Make It



Just got back from a funeral service. I had earlier decided not to attend,as I was senting someone back after the church service. A friend volunteer to pick me up from my home,so I agreed.  He was under the impression I knew how to get there and when he asked me if I know how to get there, I replied I thought you had the address. so we call up another friend from  when we reached  the housing estate where the deceased used to live and after going around for almost 20 minutes we finally found the place just in time when they were almost got ready to carry the casket to the hearst. we almost did not make it.!  Lately I was getting some messages "I can't make it" from someone dear. she might have a valid reason for saying so. But why  such coincident everytime I called she had some thing on. I know I had on many occasion cancel my previous appointment with friends just to be with her. why can't she do the same? Have you ever heard such words before or am I the only one? I have tried to dismiss such thoughts, but  this question still linger on my mind and I just could not help it when I was at my late friend's funeral. As I gazed at his still body in the casket, I wondered if one day  I was in the casket, will I still hear(not literally though)the words can't make it!


Guess that is another question without an answer.refer to my previous post here.



No comments:

Post a Comment