Friday, April 27, 2012

In pursuit of the beauty of God's creation

This post is inspired by a comment left by Eugene "am only enjoying the beauty of God's creation,"
It's no secret, I love shooting models and beautiful girls apart from Hiking and wall climbing.
Even when I hiked I will shoot the girls hikers, besides nature itself. 
Some of the girls I had shot were introduced by friends, with a few who are my friends. It's easier to ask them for a shoot when you know them,but how to one approach a stranger?
I was having my dinner with my wall climbing/hiking friends one evening at one of those coffee shops where they have singers to entertain you while you "dine" there. I notice a couple of singers whom I thought will make good subjects for my shoot and had contemplating to approach them for my next shoot.  So one fine evening I was there early before my friend could not make it and so I had an early dinner and while coming out of the toilet I saw this singer sitting alone , browsing through some cds.  Suddenly all courage left me. I just couldnt do it.
I mean how to start a converstation? How to approach?   I don't want to be branded as a Dom.
Should I forget about this silly idea of mine or should I pursuit it?  What would be my best approach? Any ideas?





3 comments:

  1. LOL, Johnnie, your entry today made me chuckled.

    Sorry to tell you, but if you approached this lonely singer, she'll definitely think you're a DOM and trying to make some move on her.

    Do you take photos for the food on your table? Do you take any other photos around the shop? Do you take photo of the singers when they were performing? I think you can take thousands of photos and let them know that you are a photographer :) And when the singer knows you love art, she wouldn't see you as DOM. It's sort of like 'breaking the ice' first.

    Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne,
      Thank you for your constructive suggestion. Really appreciate it. yes I have taken some photos of the singers performing. But night photography can be very tricky under the poor light condition. Maybe I will do as you suggest to get her attention first. I am even tempted to give her a garland regularly to get notice. Surely they will come to my table. kowtim! ha ha

      Delete
  2. Sheoh Yan has left a new comment on your post "In pursuit of the beauty of God's creation":

    It is really depended on how open is the girl. If she is an open minded girl, she will find your approach is kind of a compliment to her. If she isn't, then it is too bad.

    Johnnie, I find you regret for not approaching her that day. Go ahead, just do it, her response is out of your control, but you have done nothing wrong at all, just tell her that you are interested in taking photographs for her.
    ++

    Sheoh yan, not sure what happen to your comment. maybe I must have accidently deleted it.
    If only the girl is like you. I find it is easier to approached them on line eg fb or blog.but face to face are totally different. But I did approach one girl working as a cashier at a reflexlogy shop, which I frequently go to. She finaly agreed months later. Maybe I will ask those girls when I find back my courage. But first I need to get their attention.

    ReplyDelete