Friday, April 20, 2012

CURE FOR HEART DISEASE,STROKE AND CANCER?




Not sure if there is any truth in this, but now I have more excuse to indulge in all these food, which I loved so much.
If an Apple a day can keep the doctor away, then I will say a yogurt a day will keep heart disease at bay. ?

Here is an interesting article in today's star on line-

WASHINGTON: People who drank low-fat milk and ate low-fat yogurt and cheese had a lower risk of stroke compared to those who consumed full-fat dairy foods, according to a Swedish study published in the American Heart Association's journal Stroke.
Nearly 75,000 participants 45 to 83 years old were free of heart disease, stroke and cancer at the start of the study.
All completed a 96-item food and beverage questionnaire to determine dietary habits.
Food and drink consumption frequency was divided into eight categories, ranging from never to four servings per day, reported China's Xinhua news agency.
During the 10-year follow-up, 4,089 strokes occurred (1,680 in women and 2,409 in men): 3,159 ischemic, 583 hemorrhagic and 347 unspecified strokes.
Read the rest of the story here.

variety of Cheese

Yogurt.


6 comments:

  1. Yogurt is indeed good for health, be it adults or kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yogurt cool down your body right? There is a new shop called tutti fruitti nearby my house. I think Im going to have some when I get back. They taste good, but cant go too often, as they are not cheap. Will have to settle for those sold at supermarket when my pocket cannot tahan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't live without dairy food. I must have a glass of milk every morning (sometimes in the evening). I still consume cheese despite many say it's fattening.

    Upon hearing dairy products do more good to our heart and body, I'm definitely not going to stop my intake :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yogurt is my all time favourite, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne,
    As long as we do some exercise, it should burn what every fat there is. to play safe go for the low fat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hayley,

    go for the cheese as well, it's rich in calcium.

    ReplyDelete