Thursday, April 12, 2012

I HAVE FINALLY MOVED



Would you believed I actually used this pick up truck(toyota Ranger) below to move all my stuffs to my new abode?  The big items were  two, warddrops, kitchen cabinet, a fridge and two beds.  I only had two workers to help out.  18 trips and 5 hours plus to complete the task.  It would make life easier had we hire a one tonne lorry, but the General Manager would not hear of it. He wants to cut cost - Bah  another case of penny wise , pound foolish if I may say so. A lorry could save us the time wasted and the hours spent there. The workers could finish much faster and get back to their usual work.  As if that was not bad enough my request to allow my son who is also staying with me in the house to help out, was denied.(for reason only known to him) At least it will make things easier to have someone to show the workers where to load or unload(depending which location he is placed)  So I had to do everying the radiculous way, open the gate  load my "barang" into the pick up locked up, drove to the new place which is   about 300 km away, unlock the doors, unlocked , locked back again and goes to the old home. The process have to be repeated  18 times.  I was dead tired after this madness. Did not have time to unpack and arranged my stuff, until yesterday which was a public holiday. Thank God the factory was shut down for maintenance work, but my son had to work. So I did what was needed to be done, even manage to cleared the weeds and grass, creepers in the garden before I had my lunch. Then I reward myself with a long deserved massage.  It feeled so good under the skillful hands of the Masseuse. 
         


A Toyota Ranger


9 comments:

  1. Not bad bro, 18 trips, I dua trips pun sudah pengsan lol,,, hey take care now ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18 trips thru and flo to move all your stuffs. Sure very tiring. If for me, I may need to lie down flat on the bed for the next 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eugene,
    Definately not something I want to do again ever. My next move will be out of town. Hope it will happen soon. I missed my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheoh Yan,

    yes very tiring. Now only left the aircond still waiting for the air cond man to come and dismantle and re install at the new place. Plus the water pipe for the heater then eveything will be back to normal. I dont bother about the Astro as I hardly got time to watch anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah, 18 trips? =_="" I cannot imagine how tiring it was...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 18 trips? You not only need one session of massage. You need one full day of massage and spa to rejuvenate, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hayley,
    super tired.

    Yvonne, I did had two sessions, because after I went to fetch my son who was working, he wanted to go for a massage and so I had another one session. I dont quite like spa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi Martin,
      It's no fun at all. Most people I shared with agreed it was rather ridiculous using the ranger instead of a lorry.

      Delete