Saturday, September 19, 2009

Climbing Apek Hill one more time.




Since we missed our last hiking trip, we are glad we could make it to this the hike at saga. As I was not sure of the way to this hill I had made arrangement with my friend derique to meet at our usual meeting place. We left klang at around 8.00am my friend informed me he had another event after the hike so I had to drive my own car.It started raining during the journey and my friend ask if we should cancel the hike or to continue. I deceide to proceed as planned(not wanting to repeat the same wrong decision I made the last time) We reached the hill at around 10.00am.The reason it took us so long to reach was , enroute we detour to some shop to have breakfast as my friend and his companion had not taken their breakfast.
The trail was wet due to the rain the previous day. Somehow this time the climb seems easy .Was it because I had conquered Bukit Naung? Anyway I still enjoyed the climb even though it was the second time I had climb this hill. My friend Irene and her family too enjoyed the climb( especially the son Joe),and request we come back again. One thing I liked about this hill is it is so different from the others that I have climb. somehow the community here had taken ownership of the hill and provide alot of facilities and making this hill as cosy as possible.There is a canopy and even a clock at the summit. There are tables and benches to allow people to relax and have their meals. At the foot of the hill there is even some brushes for people to wash their dirty shoes .This comes handy during the wet seasons. We tried to look for the herbal tea stall that brogger ah hong mentioned in his blog but could not find it.Maybe it is on another side of the hill I guess.




some brushes at the foot of the hill for people to wash their dirty shoes

>




No comments:

Post a Comment