Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother day Mum.

my mum:- She's got a heart of Gold!
No words can express enough how much my mum have done for us. I confess I was no angel and must have given my mum a hard time when I was young. I loss my dad when I was 3 , so my mother was not only mum but was dad to me as well. Though we were poor, but mum did what she could to raise 3 of us. I will try to recall some of the sweet memories I had as a child. Mum would save some of the goodies like cakes , whenever she attend a function or if her colleague gave her a treat and bring back home for us. Of course I always looked forward to the carnival day held by the factory she worked at. We had a wonderful day a sort of family day for us. Lots of fun and goodies.
My mum is very special and unique. There was no phone, walkie talkie (even if there were we were too poor to afford them) back then. so when ever it was dinner time, mum would stand in front of our home and scream her lungs out and we could hear it from quite a distant and would make our way home. if we didnt hear our neighours would never fail to remind us, that's your mother calling you. who need a mike when you got a mum who got a voice like thunder .LOL.
I had some adventure with mum too as a kid. whenever mum goes into the woods to gather fire wood I would follow her. I guess I must have been 8 or 9 and would help carry the smaller log back home. Even at that age I knew it was something I had to do as I could not bear to see mum doing all the hard work herself.
Another incident I cannot forget was mum's threat that she would jump into the river. I dont remember what I did ,but I guess it was displeasing to her and when did not return after a while I was frighten. yes even as a kid I know what it was to "lose" my mum. When she finally did return boy was I glad. If only I knew how to give her a hug back then.
Happy mother's day Mum. I loved you.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGiUBYW0Viw

No comments:

Post a Comment