Monday, May 18, 2009

An almost misadventure at Lata hammer.






After weeks of waiting , the day finally arrived. Sunday 17th May, 2009 I got up at 3.30 am even though my alarm was set to ring at 4.45 am. after day could not sleep, so went on line for awhile. nothing much to do on the net, so I washed up and get ready for my friend to pick me up to meet some of the others who need to car pool as well. Had our breafast at a 24hrs mamak restaurant at Bukit Tinggi,klang. An hour later and we were on our way to meet up with the rest waiting at Tesco , Ampang.
Next stop a a petrol station to get some light snack and filled up the car and we were on our way to Lata Hammer, Bentong.
After some wrong detour and wrong turned we finally make it to our destination. We were told we have to crossed a stream in order to get to our water fall on the other side .Someone suggest we get take off our shoes in order not to get them wet.I thought why not since I brought along my slippers and I could changed into them.Big Mistake! while crossing I step on the rocks instead of walking on the sand bed. The result, I slipped, I stumble , I felled. Not once but twice. I should have remember , the rock will be slippery once in water. I was soaked wet, so was my handphone and camera. The camera seems ok after being dried. But I have yet to test out the phone. I was told to let it dry ,so I allowed another extra day to be double sure. Hopefully it will be ok otherwise it will be very painfully for my wallet which was also wet by the way)
Anyway I got out tried to saved my two previous assets by wrapping my towerl around them. once done I joined the rest of the team members and headed for our destination . after 45 minutes of so we reached the waterfall. It was ice cold.
The guys wasted no time to dip into the water and have photos taken. suddenly there was a shout for help. we thought they were just having fun and fooling around unti the guy said I am not joking. A quick action by one of the guy who swam toward them and went under the water and pulled out the guy . Thank goodness a tragedy was avoided.
! After resting for an hour we make our way out of the woods to Bukit tinggi, Genting to have our lunch before heading to our homes.



photo credit: coshin.

No comments:

Post a Comment