Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wedding is quite an expensive affair these days.




over the weekend I attended the bachelor nite dinner and on the following morning witness the wedding ceremony, including the tea ceremony of my nephew( my sister's second son)Later in the evening his wedding dinner. This is the second time,the host does not accept Ang-pows. The first time I came across this rare situation was the wedding dinner of the elder brother of this nephew. It was a grand wedding, just like the first one.
On the way home my wife remind me on the budget for our son who has reach the ripe age for marriage. so I ask how much and she said at least 50K. This thought went through my head it would means 100K to arrange the marriage for both my son. So there goes my retirement fund.!
I am due to retire by the end of the year and was planing to withdraw from my EPF to pay off some of my debts and maybe have a holiday with the Mrs.,but since my wife have plan to get our son to settle down by next year .It is not cheap these days to get married. so I guess holiday have to be put on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment