Friday, November 27, 2009

ON THE DENTIST CHAIR (AGAIN)



Everytime I go to the dentist it sent the shiver down my spine.

Yesterday's visit was no different. I had an appointment to replace the bridge which I did a month ago. Dental bridges are false teeth, which are anchored onto neighbouring teeth in order to replace one or more missing teeth. The false tooth is known as a pontic and is fused in between two crowns that serve as anchors by attaching to the teeth on each side of the false tooth, thereby bridging them together.. for more about bridge read here. My last visit was months ago when I went for scaling,which is less painful but nevertheless still give me the phobia. To be fair, Dr Geetha does makes me less nervous or fearful. Anyway I thought that was to be my last visit ,and I will leave with a new set of teeth. Boy was I wrong.I had a tooth removed during my last visit as it was shaky and thus will not secure the bridge.Since the mould could not taken immediately I had to wait for the gum to return to normal . So yesterday's visit was just to make a mould. In order to do that ,the dentist had to remove the Temporary bridge and to do that she will numb the area with a mild anaesthetic. That means more jabs and I hate needles! Today had to go to the clinic again as the temporary bridge was acting weird and changed color due to what I drank(according to the doctor) it was greenish, (I did drank something greenish) the day before it was yellowish.(I sure dont remember having anything with that color) Anyway she polish them and they are good as real teeth. She assured me the new and final version would not have this problem due to the material used.It will be make of porcelain.what? china in my mouth? what will they think of next?? Anyway guess what was the damage? RM2800.00 after discount. Let's hope so, or else I am going to make some fuss at the clinic.
My next appointment will be on dec 14th. Oh no,I have to endure another unwanted experience on the dentist chair! Hope I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment