Friday, April 17, 2009

Life is fragile. handle with prayers

I have heard of this saying, but never really thought much about it, until now.
Yesterday morning I got a call from a Colleague that our mutual friend had passed away. I did a check with his office and confirmed and filled me in on how he died. It seems he was crossing the road and was ran over by a motor cylist.
my wife too call up to say she just saw him weeks ago, and just couldnt believe he is gone.
Life if so uncertain. I got a sms from another colleague of mine with more update. He was due to retire this year and had plan to use his EPF money to visit china with his wife. At atlas this was never to be. Death comes with no warning. He was just about my age.
In the Bible , the book of James says.. what is your life? you are a mist that appear for a little while and then vanishes. Hebrew 9:27 says And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. Death is something nobody wants to talk about, but like it or not it will comes.
Being a christian I have no fear of death itself , but it is the preparation which I need to address.
Am I ready to meet my maker. Have I done enough? what about the basis things I need to do like making a will.? I have been putting this off so many times even though I know how important this is. Even though I dont have any properties . The only things I owed is a house and a car, but without a will it will create alot of inconvenience for my family should I died suddenly. I have seen instant of this not too long ago when one of a cell member passed away and the wife have to go through the inconvenience process with the government agencies etc.
How true life is fragile..we need to handle with prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment