Wednesday, November 25, 2015

HUGGING, WHAT IS IT?

This morning saw someone share a picture on hug , picture below.
I get lots of it from closed friends and loved ones. Some of my hiking friends give me a warm hug when ever they see me, and I do too.But sometimes if I had not seen them for a long time, I might forget who are the ones ok with a hug ,so I wait for them to make the first move.Of course there are times they don't and they would say I don't care anymore. I know they say that in jest, they are very old and good friends and don't take offends easily. 

I thought it was so meaniful and google abit and look what I found.






There is even an interesting article which I found rather interesting.


Hugging is a common interaction between people where bodies are brought into close contact with one another.

Reasons to hug

Hugging is used for a number of reasons. And sometimes for no apparent reason (although there is almost always an underlying purpose).

Greeting

Hugging as a form of greeting is usually highly ritualized, with prescribed action and timings. These vary significantly with culture and can include variations such as:
  • Initial throwing hands wide, with eye contact and friendly facial expressions that signal the impending hug.
  • One- or two-handed hug.
  • Back-slapping or rubbing (typically two or three times).
  • Squeezing and lifting as expressions of delight.
  • Words of greeting spoken at the same time.
  • Cheek kissing or touching (one, two or three times, on alternating sides).
  • Holding, patting and eye contact whilst disengaging.
Hugs may be used both in meeting and leaving, with different rules for how each is executed.
Read the rest here


No comments:

Post a Comment