Thursday, September 20, 2012

SHE KEPT ME AWAKE ALL NIGHT

No it was not my wife nor my lover(wishful thinking lol) but my beloved grand daugther, Darissa.
Her mum was not feeling well last night, and my wife appointed me as the nanny for the night, as she was worried her precious grand daughter might catch the virus. Usually my wife will take care of her if she is not working the next day or it happen to be her off day. Since  I was not working now, the onus was on me to take care of Darissa for the night.  It's been quite a while since I took care of a baby over night. The last time was like a decade or more when I took care of a friend's baby girl when ever the parent was on holidays.
Anyway taking care of Darissa was quite an experience for me.She tossed and turned for almost half an hour before she fell asleep. She had a cute habit, she need to hold someone's hand each time she sleep.
I was awaken a couple of time, every time her pacifer fell out. She will let out a cry, but not the type of cry when she is in pain . Even when she is hungry, she will be cry this way(without tears). It took me quite a while before I fell into slumberland only to be awaken again around 4.30am. She was wide awake, playing by herself and waiting for her milk. She needs no alarm as far as feedtime is concern, even if we lost track of the time, she will remind us of her feeding time ,but one thing bad about her is she is very impatient as far as her feeding time is concern. Even a few minutes late she will let go of her 'siren' and it will go louder if we don't get her milk on time. Now feeding her is much easier, as she was able to hold her bottle since a couple of months ago. Once she is finish, she will take out the bottle from her mouth.  Ok I need to catch on my sleep as looks like I would be on duty tonight again.

10 months plus.

she will be 11 months in five day's time.





12 comments:

  1. I think I would enjoy it (I mean having a grandchild keeping me awake hahahahahh) but then again,mine will be years to come....

    Do enjoy all the moments with Darisa,she will soon grow up very fast one,sekelip mata saja,, sudah besar lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eugene,
      Don't worry your time will come. as you say sekelip mata saja and you will be grand father too.

      Delete
  2. lol! Johnny, enjoy your night duty, Darissa is getting so adorable now. Most babies are inpatient when their feeding time is overdue. You have fun taking care of Darissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yan, Actually she is quite a good baby, not much problem. So taking care of her is not stressful at all.

      Delete
  3. Yours remind me of my past experience.... LOL! And I hate having to wake up for night feed. Luckily my phase is over :p

    Darissa has grow up so much, since the last time you posted her photo here. So adorable and cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne,
      wait for your turn to be grand mum then and you can do it all over again lol.
      yes, she is growing up fast and will turn 1 next month.

      Delete
  4. Awww... She is getting cuter!
    Hmm, now you know looking after a baby is no easy job! hehe, especially during midnights... zZz...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayley,
      Every baby are different.Darissa dad was the easier to take care. He did not get up till morning, after his last feed around midnight , we just put the milk bottle while he was in the sarong and once he finish, he will threw out the milk bottle and when it hit the floor, we know he had finish. Those days didnt even bother to wash the bottle until next morning. lol.(have to work the next day ma)

      Delete
  5. she is such a cutie!!! She must have brought back a lot of your skill of caring baby ya.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynful Pleasure,
      Thanks for droping by.Yep my old experience does help,but then again, she is not a difficult baby, so taking care of her was easy.

      Delete