Tuesday, May 4, 2010

what's in an answer?

I used to love Tuesdays, because it hold some fond memories for me. I had the best time of my life   ,spending some wonderful moments ,chilling or shopping with those people I care for. .All these happen on tuesday.But now  it is just memories, because I dont have the opportunity nor am I able to since I started working again. How I missed those wonderful times.Just my luck !, I have to miss out alot of other things  like hiking, holidays(not that I have regular holidays) I guess, those things will be put on hold for a while until I can plan my leave, provided my contract will be extended, otherwise I will  have to wait till my contract expired in a few month's time.
Anyway this morning I got a private message on facebook from one of my favourite people. It was not what she said but rather the way she said it, that had me thinking. When people tell you something is there a different meaning and do they meant what they say?  It is not uncommon when people say something like "I am on my way" usually they are far from being on the way.In truth  they had hardly moved from where they were. When someone tell you ok to your question, do you think they meant it? or if they say I will call you back. Do you believe they will?  Well I used to take them on their word. Maybe I was naive. Eventually I realised it is just NATO, (no action talk only) Now whenever I hear those words, I do not take them seriously anymore.
Another word that is commonly used is "one of these days"  (of which I was guilty of using ) I did not reliase it until my sons pointed out to me., that day never came. They reminded me  I had promised to take them (when they were younger)to some places 'one of these days.'So lesson learnt never never make promises especially to Kids, because they will take you seriously.
Anyway coming back to the girl who sent me the message.I just got to give her credit the way she handle appointment. she always give an option and usually offer an alternate date, if she cannot make it or if she has something on the suggested date. And if her scheduled appointment was cancelled she will inform that she is available on that day after all. What impressed me was she do not leave you wondering or hanging in the air
Oh, another plus for her, she always reponse to messages sent to her..She does has what it takes to be a PR person.  


one of her favourite word is "don't worry got chance one"   Ok. I believe you.
Have a nice day.





No comments:

Post a Comment