Sunday, March 20, 2011

OF THREATS AND GIMMICKS

Yesterday morning, I got a long sms message from one of my staff.She was not too happy with the proposed increment, and she goes on to listed down the things she did for the company and even claim credit for the recent ISO certfication.  I thought it was a team effort??  Some people really let things get into their head!  she also  like to compare to another staff who will be getting the same amount and in terms of per centage, she is getting lesser as she claimed. Anyway  in her sms message ,which I understand  was also copied to the top management. she says she is not threathening nor blackmailing and this time it is for real(as with the previous couple of time) I just dont understand it, if she is serious about it why not just do it right??  I get the feeling this girl think too highly of herself.By the way she cries alot too.(to gain sympathy I suppose)
Do you have such character in your office too?  How do you deal with it?  I would rather let her go then to let her create problem and chaos in the office. Sure it will be tough for a while before a replacement is found. I think no one is dispensable.

2 comments:

  1. Luckily, I dont have such colleague in my department..
    May be she's really trying hard to get attention, I feel that if she's really unhappy about the increment she should talk face to face properly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Hayley I think so too. that she is trying to get attention just like a baby.

    ReplyDelete