Thursday, January 13, 2011

I have a Question.

Here is the situation. Something broke down at factory. Your maintainace team is already at the scene , fixing the problem.
Your gm is there ,so is the factory manager.Then you received a call from your gm, asking why arent you here yet?
If you are not a techincal guy would your presence makes any difference? It's like you dont trust your team members right?
Already we have two top guys standing there watching like a hawk. I mean would you like someone looking over your shoulder when you work?
The explanation I got was you can get things moving faster if you stand there and watch them do it.
Sure we need to ensure things are done right away and smoothly, but time standing there is a waste of manpower if you ask me.Are you gonna stand there for 10 hours if it takes that long to repair?
I am sure we can check with them periodically without being bossy right?

To those who has s subordinates working under you , what do you think? And to those working under someone what is your view?

2 comments:

  1. I am from a subordinate's point of view, I hate someone watching me when I need to fix thing, I hate people following up so closely when I need to focus my concenstration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sheoh yan for your view. nice to know at least there is someone who shares my view.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete